- My husband told me it was about time I updated my blog.
- I haven't done a Thursday Thirteen in a coon's age. (However old a coon is.)
- I was wallowing in self-pity for a chunk of today so I kind of needed to choose to change my outlook. And so...
- The warm sun on my legs as I drove home from work. I'm one of those odd people who will climb into a very warm car and not open the windows for at least 15 minutes so that I can be deliciously warm for awhile. It's so unusual for me to be warm I don't want to squander it.
- This song. Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
- Got my nails painted again today. This has become a wee bit of a tradition with a couple of girls at work. Sneaking out at lunch to treat ourselves to a manicure. (It will be a short-lived tradition due to my personality both with luxury and finances.)
- I nearly canceled the manicure. I was feeling so low I just didn't see myself wanting to chat with a stranger for an hour. But, I was blessed with an esthetician who basically chatted my ear off. I could ask her a question or two and she would go pretty much nonstop. Just what I needed.
- An email from an old friend that made me chuckle. In the nearly 20 years I've known her I think there have probably been only a few conversations or emails where she hasn't made me laugh. It's nice having a friend like that.
- Another friend who gets tears in her eyes pretty much any time I start to cry. It's nice having a friend like that too.
- This song. Without the bad, the good disappears / Take my burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me.
- Picking up Jack from daycare to see him laying face down on the sidewalk with his buddy. When I asked them what they were doing: "Mom! We're lying on the concrete! It's so much fun!"
- Doing dishes while Jueun and Jack colored and Abby did homework behind me. The noises of life. Of home.
- This for supper. Holy Hannah Banana it was SO GOOD. I mean, I should have known with words like "butter" and "whipping cream" and "parmesan cheese" and "fresh basil". Wow. I'm looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
- A daughter who runs upstairs to change when company shows up because what she was wearing "wasn't appropriate".
- A short walk after supper to discover a large patch of flowers in someone's front yard. Oh spring, welcome back. I missed you.
- Driving home with my kids and playing a song loud enough that I could feel it in my seat; singing the chorus at the top of our lungs.